Senior Software Engineer
Grit Tech Talent
Senior Software Engineer | Fintech | London or Remote | £85,000
Our client is THE leading crowdfunding platform!
On their behalf, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a minimum of 4+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails (currently on Rails 6), someone who is completely comfortable talking about high-level product concepts as well as deep technical details.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be someone who is excited about modern tech, code quality and scalable engineering and have a strong focus on best practices and a view on how to achieve these in a fast-growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important role in helping your team be as effective as possible. We want you to be one of the leading voices for the technology decisions within the team, as well as developing the tech ecosystem
We are looking for someone to integrate our Platform team, this team has the mission to create a solid core, being responsible for the core data models, architecture and resilience of the system.
- We are looking for an engineer with excellent experience in Ruby on Rails
- You should have exposure to building and consuming APIs as well as designing data models to represent a complex domain.
- Capable of developing in a microservice architecture, with superb API standards and developing locally in containers.
- We want to see a deep understanding of the customer as well as technical prowess.
- Experience working with other technologies we use like React, Typescript and NextJS.
- Any experience with AWS and Serverless as well as an interest in fintech – that’s a bonus!
Our engineering teams own the entire product development lifecycle from idea inception and development, through to analysing success. So, expect to spend most of your time writing code. Additionally, around 25% of your time will be: architecture planning, talking to stakeholders and analysing your data metrics for success.
Our client is an ambitious business that has created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential.
Together we recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates from across the UK, Portugal & Germany.
Get in touch today to learn more: